Saturday 27 September 2008

Who Am I And What Do I Want?!

Firstly, can I just say thanks to all those who've been here and taken the time to read my posts. It means a lot to me. This post is just a little "disclaimer" to ensue people don't misunderstand what I write. I'll stick this post in the sidebar sometime.

Who am I? I'm an interested observer of the paranormal and chronicler of the unexplained. I come from Folkestone, Kent and live in Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdom. I was brought up atheist (well I was brought up without belief, there was no atheist agenda behind my upbringing!), went through a Christian stage, followed by a Wiccan stage and final ended up... atheist!

My interest in the paranormal goes back for as far as I can remember. My fascination probably stems from the urban legends and ghost stories my friends and I used to share on the school playground. But I've experienced something that also gives me a personal interest in exploring the weird phenomena that colour our lives.

As a boy who dreamed of being a zoologist when I was younger, you'll find a lot of cryptozoological articles but don't despair, my interests are varied; from unsolved crimes, to swashbuckling adventures through to the supernatural. Hey, I don't even discriminate against UFOs! If it's all cryptozoology on the front page check out my archives and you never know what you'll find.

Now what do I actually believe? When it comes to the unexplained, I'd suggest I'm somewhat agnostic. You could also say I'm a sympathetic sceptic. I'm not going to dismiss stories out of hand, but nor am I going to suddenly declare myself a wholehearted believer in alien abductions, ghosts or in the treasure of the Oak Island Money Pit.

This is a journey that I've undertaken to explore those dark corners of history and of life and hopefully sometimes shine a little light on the matter.

If you are a total sceptic or a true believer in one of the subjects I discuss please do not take offense at anything I say in my posts. I don't know everything and your opinion is just as valid as mine. If you have a different viewpoint or even think I've made a factual error please feel free to leave me a comment. All I ask is that you are polite and understand I do not pretend to be an expert. I am always happy to receive constructive criticism from a polite person. But also don't be surprised to find I will ignore rude posts (but there's no moderation here, so even you're rude you'll get through), the internet is full of rude people who forget they are dealing with a human being. Those people are not welcome here.

Most importantly always remember: I want to believe. I'm not your usual sceptic. I am desperate for there to really be a giant ape wandering the forests of North America, and for the spirits of the dead to still be hanging around their old homes trying to get rid of the new owners, and for there to really be an invisible pink unicorn. But I shall not fall into the trap of allowing my urge to believe to cloud my mind to alternative, logical ideas.

Keep reading, I hope you'll find that my eclectic style of posting will bring things to your attention that you may never have heard of before.

Again thanks for taking the time to check out this blog, I hope you come back soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post! Am and just saying this is a great blog and I will continue to read it and subscribe if I can. I can really can relate to your blog -- I am a thirteen year old political blogger.

keep up the good postings.

pacer521
http://culturedecoded.wordpress.com/

Gareth said...

Love this blog Jae. Keep up the good work.

Jae Kay said...

Aww... thank you both! Hopefully I can meet your expectations over the next few posts.

judygraham said...

I enjoy your blog. You're doing a great job!