Sunday 19 April 2009

Flying Robotic Penguins!


Sounding more like an exclamation of shock issued by Robin from the old Batman TV series, the title of this post is more than apt. No it's not some crazy cryptid, but the latest in robotic engineering.

Check out this video to see how first the scientists at Festo built an underwater robot with abilities that are based on our favourite marine bird, but also surpass them, then combined their findings with airship technology to create some of the most beautiful and serene flying robots I've ever seen (not that I make it a mission to see flying robots might I add).

I've informed Jim of what I would like for Christmas :D

Story yoinked from Gizmodo

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from
his wishlist

1 comment:

Aidana WillowRaven said...

We just saw Emperor Penguins at the Memphis Zoo the other day, and it amazed me how they swim the same way a flock of birds fly overhead.

Soo pretty!

Aidana WillowRaven
WillowRaven Illustration & Design Plus
http://willowraven.weebly.com